Portal release notes
The GlyGen portal was first released on September 14th, 2018. A new update has been released every three to fifth months.
This version was released on October 2nd, 2023.
- Implemented server side pagination for tables in protein, glycan and publication details pages.
- Added biomarker data to the GlyGen portal.
- Added yeast data to GlyGen portal.
- Added Mastodon widget in the News section of GlyGen portal.
- Updated grant information and added CFDE and GSA links on GlyGen portal.
- Bug fixing.
This version was released on July 3rd, 2023.
- Download icon for tabular data section (all pages).
- Send filter as part of download request on list pages.
- Download API changes on list and details pages.
- Change Opacity, Size of carbohydrates in 3d glycan structures.
- "Please wait" icon for all downloads.
- Integrate Nathans Sandbox links into frontend.
- Update Raja's Photo in About page.
- 3D structures not visible on beta.
- New interface and search functionality on data.glygen.org
- Bug fixing.
This version was released on April 12th, 2023.
- Migration to recent React Framework.
- 3D structure viewer for Glycans.
- N-Glycan Gnome Browser integration.
- Update About us page.
- Update menu structure.
- BLAST Improvements.
- BLAST and GSD on Homepage.
- Accession history error messages.
- Bug fixing.
This version was released on April 28th, 2022.
- Implemented BLAST.
- Implemented structure search.
- Implemented substructure search.
- Added GlycoGlyph tool support in structure and substructure search.
- Added evidence badges to the publication detail page.
- Added digital sequence, cross reference and history to the motif detail page.
- Added new papers to the how to cite page.
- Bug fixing.
This version was released on December 24th, 2021.
- Redesign of the site view page.
- Number of proteins on the motif list page.
- Searching by glycosylation subtypes.
- Additional columns in the site list page.
- Filter options for the site list page.
- Improved hit score for glycan list, protein list, and site list pages.
- Feature of the month video on the home page.
- Improved help text (tooltips) for details pages.
- Score column added to expression tissue table.
- Subsumption table changes on the glycan detail page.
- Added link to glycan structure dictionary from motif detail page.
- New Glycan Biosynthetic Pathways knowledge base in the Resources page.
- Bug fixes.
This version was released on October 16th, 2021.
- Support of composition strings in simple and global search.
- Batch search feedback.
- Glycan List export into Byonic format.
- Sorting option for publications.
- Dropdown for Glycan ID namespace in search.
- Search result explanation function (Hit score tooltip).
- Glycosylation abundance data.
- URL passed searches.
- Glycan category on global search result for proteins.
- Add tolerance to the site search.
- Byonic sequence moved to General section.
- New Glycowork library tool in the Resources page.
- Updated former team members.
- Bug fixes.
This version was released on July 12th, 2021.
- Direct search from protein, glycan details page.
- Protein sequence highlighter from alignment page.
- Text search in protein sequence from protein details and alignment page.
- Filter on protein and glycan list page.
- Paper Specific Detail page.
- Phosphorylation Data in Protein detail, Sequence section, and Protvista.
- Glycation data in Protein detail, Sequence section, and Protvista.
- Subsumption information on Glycan details page.
- Added notes to Glycosylation, Mutagenesis, Phosphorylation, and Glycation.
- Added new database "GPTWiki" resource and fixed links on the Resources page.
- New presentations on the Media page.
- Bug fixing.
This version was released April 1st, 2021.
- GlyGen Mapper (ID mapping).
- Event alert.
- New resource and license.
- Added new tools to the header.
- About us and team members' updates.
- New posters in media/portfolio.
- Animated GlyGen logo.
- Cell line and tissue data.
- Tracking of IDs (merged, renamed, deleted).
- Scoring of search results.
- Pro integration.
- Site-specific search page.
- Sand Box tool.
- Composition search templates.
- SNFG symbols next to the monosaccharide name in composition search tooltip.
- The back button on the glycan, protein, and motif details page.
- Sand Box tool button from the glycan details page.
- Bug fixing.
This version was released October 30th, 2020.
- PTM annotations table in protein details.
- List of synthesized Glycans to Enzymes (Proteins) table.
- List of motifs page.
- Gene and protein names.
- Subsumption option for species search on Glycan advanced search page.
- Subsumption option for glycan ID search on Glycan advanced search page.
- Binding Protein search on Glycan advanced search page.
- Glycan Binding Protein section on Glycan details page.
- Covalently Attached Glycan search on Protein advanced search page.
- Bound Glycan search on Protein advanced search page.
- Disease Name search on Protein advanced search page.
- Disease ID search on Protein advanced search page.
- Pubmed ID typeahead support.
- Disease section on the protein details page.
- Glycan Ligands section on the protein details page.
- Mutagenesis table in protein details.
- Glycosylation table with four different categories in protein details.
- Single Nucleotide Variation table with two different categories in protein details.
- Protvista button on multiple tabs of protein details.
- Protvista page with Mutagenesis, Single Nucleotide Variation information.
- Site view page with Mutagenesis, Single Nucleotide Variation information. Also, a new API connected.
- Update to the New Motif list. Replacing GlyTouCan Motif accessions with GlyGen motif list with GlyTouCan Motifs as X-ref's.
- Addition of Motif synonyms.
- Including glycosylation annotation (Protein+PMID+Glycan) on unreported sites from GlyConnect.
- Refined/corrected BioSynthetic enzyme data.
- Addition of new Glycan subtypes (o-fucose, o-mannose).
- Updated glycan images from GlyTouCan.
- New data: Protein+GAGs data from MatrixDB.
- Addition of GlyGen x-ref on GlyConnect protein entry pages.
- Addition of GlyGen x-ref on PubChem compound and PubChem protein pages.
- Addition of new glycans into ChEBI.
- Addition of Mutagenesis data from UniProt
- Addition of PMIDs for SNV data
- GlyGen dataset BCO prefix changed from DSBCO to GLY
This version was released August 14th, 2020.
- React Migration.
- Text and style updates.
- Four new search cards on the homepage.
- New presentation on the Media page.
- Our papers on the How to Cite page.
- Updated frameworks.
- Informational pages are grouped.
- GlyGen members updates.
- Updated metadata.
- New license resources.
This version was released January 14th, 2020.
- Isoform Alignment.
- Homolog Alignment.
- New Usecase added in the quick search.
- Composition Search.
- Go ID search.
- PMID search.
- Batch search on advanced protein and glycan search page.
- Multi-select option for amino acids on advanced glycoprotein search.
- Multi-select option for organisms on advanced glycan search.
- Integrate subsumption browser.
This version was released September 23rd, 2019.
- New "Media" page displays GlyGen presentations, talks, brochures, posters, logos, and templates.
- New "Frameworks" page acknowledgment of libraries and frameworks that used to develop GlyGen.
- New "How to cite" page displays GlyGen publications and citations.
- Sequon data on sequence view.
- Site-Specific page.
- Protvista sequence viewer.
- Search by GO term.
- Add search for pMe structures.
- Cascaded type ahead.
- Compressed file download support.
This version was released June 10th, 2019.
- Added breadcrumbs on list & detail pages.
- Global search page is more intuitive now.
- Improved new sequence display with more data and badge.
- Orthologous info on protein detail pages.
- Feedback widget on each dynamic page with contact API.
- Gene location publication and RefSeq summary to protein detail.
- Breadcrumbs lead to a proper search page (eg. Global search page when you come to a List page from there).
- Replaced "No results found" pop-up alert messages with inline alert messages in search pages and quick search.
- Added help tooltip next to each label in search pages.
- Added progress bar to the feedback page.
- Added map image for mobile view in the about us page.
- New team members on the About us page.
- Multiple bug fixes and text changes.
This version was released March 29th, 2019.
- Changed the 'Found Glycoproteins' section to a table on the glycan detail page.
- The map on the about us page is highlighted four countries with a hover tooltip that involved in GlyGen's project.
- A new team member added to the about us page.
- Added helpful links to find my accession numbers or IDs with hover tooltips under every input field in every search page.
- Added a motif detail page which can be accessed by clicking on one of the motif's links in the glycan detail page.
- Implementation of global search functionality.
- Added links on the disclaimer, privacy_policy pages to GitHub explaining how we tracking user activity.
- Updated Evidence display by adding color badge with the data number.
- A new "GlyGen Funding" section on the about us page.
- The blue border around the selected question in the quick search page indicates that the user came from the home page.
This version was released December 7th, 2018.
- Added summary table for quick search results.
- Added protein sequence highlight tool on protein detail pages.
- Created simple search, advanced search, and tutorials for glycan, protein, and glycoprotein searches.
- Added download button with an option in various formats on List and Detail pages.
- Dynamic display of statistics and version info on the homepage.
- Created clickable text examples for search pages.
- Improved error handling.
- Added link to the Beta server to the header.
- Several text updates, bug fixes, and improvements.
This version was released September 14th, 2018.
- The initial release of the GlyGen portal.
- GlyGen Portal available with three Protein and Glycan and Glycoprotein advanced search pages.
- Result of searches is available in Protein and Glycan and Glycoprotein list pages.
- Each list page provides details of Protein and Glycan available with one click on accession.