The Function section of the Protein details page in GlyGen lists information about the biological function of the protein.
This section contains the following information:
- Function: Listed function of a protein due to its structural properties, attributed by its amino acid sequence. Information for this is retrieved from UniProtKB database, Gene Summary, Gene RIF, and NCBI RefSeq Database.
Source of information
- UniProtKB - biological function annotations for protein accessions taken from the UniProtKB database.
- NCBI RefSeq - biological function annotation of genes taken from NCBI RefSeq database.
The collected data is processed and stored at data.glygen.org in the following datasets:
Homo Sapiens (Human) Datasets
Hepatitis C Virus Datasets
Mus musculus (Mouse) Datasets
Rattus norvegicus (Rat) datasets
SARS Coronavirus datasets
- SARS-CoV1 Protein Function (UniProtKB; GLY_000421)
- SARS-CoV2 Protein Function (UniProtKB; GLY_000422)